Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello
I think limit wal in replication slots is useful in some cases. But first time i was confused with proposed terminology
secured/insecured/broken/unknownstate.

patch -p1 gives some "Stripping trailing CRs from patch" messages for me, but applied to current HEAD and builds. After
littletesting i understood the difference in secured/insecured/broken terminology. Secured means garantee to keep wal,
insecure- wal may be deleted with next checkpoint, broken - wal already deleted.

I think, we may split "secure" to "streaming" and... hmm... "waiting"? "keeping"? - according active flag for clarify
andreadable "status" field.

regards, Sergei