Re: [ADMIN] ADO -PostgreSQL OLE DB Provider

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: [ADMIN] ADO -PostgreSQL OLE DB Provider
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
--- Jayaram Bhat <bhatindia@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am using a postgres setup  in Windows. And it is working fine usings ODBC
> drive, but not in ADO PostgreSQL OLE DB Provider
>
> giving error test connection 'Test connection failed because of an error in
> initializing provider. Unspecified error'
>
> Can i get help for the same

This is my understanding regarding the OLE DB driver for PostgreSQL:

(1) The OLE DB Provider lacks the robustness that the ODBC driver has.
(2) The OLE DB Provider lacks much of the Functionality that an OLE DB provider should have.
(3) And this probably will not change soon since the OLE DB driver is not actively supported.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.