Re: Loose ends in PG XML patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Loose ends in PG XML patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> * I'm also quite afraid of xml_errmsg remaining non-null when the
> storage it points at has been deallocated.  Since this is apparently
> only intended as debug support, maybe we could compile it only in debug
> builds, to reduce the probability that it will fail in production?

Actually, there's an easier and cleaner way to do the whole thing:
replace the handwritten management of xml_errmsg with a StringInfo
buffer allocated in TopMemoryContext, so that it never goes away after
having been first created.  I'll go fix that.

What I'm wondering about is why this printout is emitted as a separate
DEBUG message ... wouldn't it be better to incorporate it as the DETAIL
field of the error message?