Re: pg_indent instructions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_indent instructions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The README for pg_indent says:

>     ./configure     # "make" will not work in an unconfigured tree
>     cd src/include/catalog
>     make reformat-dat-files
>     cd ../../..

> This looks like a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

> I did this, which amounts to the same thing and is faster:

>     cd src/include/catalog
>     perl ./reformat_dat_file.pl --output . ./pg_*.dat

True, that saves having to do a configure run, but it also embeds
some assumptions that personally I could do without --- mainly
about which perl you want to use.  In any case, configure is
pretty quick as long as you've got it set up to use a cache file.

One thing we should do, perhaps, is remove the "cd" steps in
favor of recommending

make -C src/include/catalog reformat-dat-files