Re: BUG #7670: BUG #7545: Unresponsive server with error log reporting: "poll() failed: Invalid argument"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #7670: BUG #7545: Unresponsive server with error log reporting: "poll() failed: Invalid argument"
Дата
Re: BUG #7670: BUG #7545: Unresponsive server with error log reporting: "poll() failed: Invalid argument"  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Igor <igorya.inscriptio@gmail.com> writes:
> 2012/11/18 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>> I was just about to ask what you have log_rotation_age set to ...

> Was:
> log_rotation_age = 30d

That's the problem then.  Internally that gets converted to
milliseconds, which'll overflow at 24-something days.  Use a smaller
value.

So the actual bug here is an over-optimistic maximum value for
log_rotation_age in guc.c.  After looking through all the callers of
WaitLatch, I think the only other similar issue is for
wal_sender_timeout, which currently is allowed to range up to INT_MAX;
but such values seem pretty useless.

I'm inclined to propose limiting both of these to the equivalent of 15
days.  Alternatively we could try to rejigger things to prevent asking
WaitLatch to wait for more than 2^31 msec, but it's not real clear to
me that it's worth the trouble.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #7670: BUG #7545: Unresponsive server with error log reporting: "poll() failed: Invalid argument"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7670: BUG #7545: Unresponsive server with error log reporting: "poll() failed: Invalid argument"