Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 10:39 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I don't especially want to
>> invent an additional typalign code that we could only test on legacy
>> platforms.

> I agree with that, but I don't think that having the developers
> enforce alignment rules by reordering catalog columns for the sake of
> legacy platforms is appealing either.

Given that we haven't run into this before, it seems like a reasonable
bet that the problem will seldom arise.  So as long as we have a
cross-check I'm all right with calling it good and moving on.  Expending
a whole lot of work to improve the situation seems uncalled-for.

When and if we get to a point where we're ready to break on-disk
compatibility for user tables, perhaps revisiting the alignment
rules would be an appropriate component of that.  I don't see that
happening in the foreseeable future, though.