Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Список pgsql-hackers
> If the database is created with locale provider ICU, then lc_collate
> does not apply here, so the result might be correct (depending on what
> locale you have set).

FWIW, an installation created under LANG=C defaults to ICU locale
en-US-u-va-posix for me (see psql \l), and that still sorts as
expected on my RHEL8 box.  We've not seen buildfarm problems either.

I am wondering however whether this doesn't mean that all our carefully
coded fast paths for C locale just went down the drain.  Does the ICU
code have any of that?  Has any performance testing been done to see
what impact this change had on C-locale installations?  (The current
code coverage report for pg_locale.c is not encouraging.)