pg_toast_temp_xx AND pg_temp_xx SCHEMAS

От Fernando Hevia
Тема pg_toast_temp_xx AND pg_temp_xx SCHEMAS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi guys,

In one of my databases (8.3.6) I have around 25 schemas with names like
these. There seem to appear a couple of new ones every now and then.

The only reference I found was this:
---
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release-8-3.html

* Place temporary tables' TOAST tables in special schemas named
pg_toast_temp_nnn (Tom)

This allows low-level code to recognize these tables as temporary, which
enables various optimizations such as not WAL-logging changes and using
local rather than shared buffers for access. This also fixes a bug wherein
backends unexpectedly held open file references to temporary TOAST tables.
---

Could anyone point me out some documentation about what these schemas mean?
Should I be worried? Anything I should do about it?

Thanks,
Fernando