Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions
Дата
Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-docs
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
> Possibly. I'm a little at odds with Type not being above types, but far on
> the left, so that you cannot really "see" that it is about the format,

Yeah, agreed.  We can adjust the space in the header independently of
what's in the table entries, so it'd be possible to put more space
between "Column" and "Type" ... but I'm not sure if that would fix it.

> If I can suggest more adjustements, maybe the description margin is a too
> much, I'd propose reduce it to about 3 chars wide. Obviously any aesthetic
> opinion is by definition subjective and prone to differ from one person to
> the next…

This is more Jonathan's department than mine, but I personally prefer more
indentation to less --- you want the column names to stick out so you can
find them.  Anyway, the present indentation is (it looks like) the same
as we are using in <variablelist>s, which this layout is based on.