Re: pgsql: Add Result Cache executor node

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add Result Cache executor node
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On 4/1/21 2:52 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Anyway, it looks like I can probably reproduce it on florican's
>> host, if you still need help understanding it tomorrow.  But
>> I remain really dubious that this can work at all.  Question:
>> have you tried that test under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS?

> I'd bet the failures are due to force_parallel_mode=regress. Notice that
> it's actually *adding* one extra row with the stats, which could be
> explained by stats from leader + worker. Not sure why some of the
> numbers were not replaced by N, though.

That might well explain some of it, but not all those unhappy machines
are using force_parallel_mode --- florican isn't, for one.  Now that
I look at it, I'd bet florican's diffs [1] are a 32-bit vs 64-bit issue
and not directly related to what David wants to test at all.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=florican&dt=2021-04-01%2000%3A28%3A12