Re: What is your favorite front end for user interaction to postgresql databases?

От Guido Neitzer
Тема Re: What is your favorite front end for user interaction to postgresql databases?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09.05.2006, at 16:31 Uhr, Steve Atkins wrote:

> Is that actually true? My understanding was that under the most recent
> license changes it was not possible to deploy it to any platform other
> than XServe.

Wrong. You are allowed to deploy on any platform you like, but only
Mac OS X Server is officially supported by Apple.

Please note that this is for 5.3.1 - there was a bad license
formulation in 5.3 which actually did not allow the deployment. For
5.3.1 this was corrected. The issue came up when WebObjects was
released free as part of the Xcode tools and a new license was
necessary which wasn't well written.

> Technically possible, sure, but a violation of the license.

Nope. Cliff Tuel of Apple clarified this on the WO mailing lists.

cug