Re: [HACKERS] removing tsearch2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] removing tsearch2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> That's not a bad idea, but I think it's an independent issue.  If the
> hacks are still needed for an external module, we shouldn't go out of
> our way to remove them even if we nuke tsearch2 (but we don't need to
> maintain them going forward unless we get a complaint).  If they hacks
> aren't still needed, they could be removed whether or not we keep
> tsearch2 in contrib.  Unless I'm confused?

Technically, it's probably independent of whether we keep tsearch2 in
contrib.  I think (but haven't researched it) that it's more a matter
of whether we care to still support direct upgrades from pre-release-N
versions of tsearch2, for some N.  Politically though, I think it'll
be easier to make an aggressive decision in that regard if we are
tossing tsearch2 out of contrib.