Re: a few thoughts on the schedule

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: a few thoughts on the schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> On 2015-05-19 11:34:49 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>> There are many remaining open items.

>> At least on https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.5_Open_Items
>> there not really that many?

> On top of those items, many patches and features (I mean a lot!) have
> been committed just before the feature freeze deadline. I would think
> that those things should be looked at a second time by extra eyes.

Yes.  We desperately need to spend time on reviewing the stuff that got
crammed in at the last minute --- I think we'd be fools to assume that
there aren't a lot of bugs there.

I think if we spend the next month reviewing what's already in, we could
ship a credible beta before PGCon.  And then maybe we could start 9.6
development on 1 July, only a couple weeks late.  But if we start focusing
on 9.6 development right now, which is what some current threads seem to
be after, 9.5 is going to be a disaster.