Re: Short CVS question, history

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Short CVS question, history
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dirk Riehle <dirk@riehle.org> writes:
> I have a short CVS question please: How do I go from a particular file
> revision like
> pgsql/cvs/pgsql/src/backend/parser/parse_relation.c.1.3
> to the complete commit? I.e. I would like to navigate back from this
> particular file to the commit and see all the other files that were
> touched by the commit.

There's more than one way to do it.  One way is

    cvs diff -c -D'timestamp1' -D'timestamp2'

where the timestamps bracket the commit you're interested in.  For
commits after 2004 or so, you can also check out the corresponding
message in the pgsql-committers archives
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/

> Also, is it possible that you moved the CVS repository once and lost
> some history?

Not that I'm aware of; though of course the project CVS goes back only
to 1996 and not into the Berkeley era.  Is there something in particular
you're concerned about?