Re: Unicode grapheme clusters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unicode grapheme clusters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am not sure what you are referring to above?  character_length?  I was
> talking about display length, and psql uses that --- at some point, our
> lack of support for graphemes will cause psql to not align columns.

That's going to happen regardless, as long as we can't be sure
what the display will do with the characters --- and that's a
problem that will persist for a very long time.

Ideally, yeah, it'd be great if all this stuff rendered perfectly;
but IMO it's so far outside mainstream usage of psql that it's
not something that could possibly repay the investment of time
to get even a partial solution.