Re: unique problem

От Joolz
Тема Re: unique problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane zei:
> "Joolz" <joolz@arbodienst-limburg.nl> writes:
>> Is there a bug in the UNIQUE behaviour?
>
> No known bugs, anyway.  I'm inclined to guess that your target table
> has
> slightly different datatypes than the source, and that results in
> equal
> values for some reason (such as fractional values being rounded to
> integer, or char vs varchar having different ideas about
> significance of
> trailing blanks).
>
>> Is there any way I can DEFER the unique clause, or remove it and
>> put
>> it back later?
>
> You can always drop and re-add the constraint ... but I'll be pretty
> surprised if that gets around the problem (ie, I bet re-adding the
> constraint will fail).

You're right, I cannot re-ad the contraint. The insert translates a
column with a subselect to another value (with another datatype).
Before the insert / translation the two columns are unique,
afterwards it appears they are not.

I'll go and have a look what's wrong with the subselect.

Thanks for the reactions so far everyone!