Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: PQcancel does not use tcp_user_timeout, connect_timeout and keepalive settings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: PQcancel does not use tcp_user_timeout, connect_timeout and keepalive settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jelte Fennema <Jelte.Fennema@microsoft.com> writes:
> It seems the man page of TCP_USER_TIMEOUT does not align with
> reality then. When I use it on my local machine it is effectively used
> as a connection timeout too.

Huh, I should have thought to try that.  I confirm this behavior
on RHEL8 (kernel 4.18.0).  Not the first mistake I've seen in
Linux man pages :-(.

Doesn't seem to help on macOS, but AFAICT that platform doesn't
have TCP_USER_TIMEOUT, so no surprise there.

Anyway, that removes my objection, so I'll proceed with committing.
Thanks for working on this patch!