Re: [OT] Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement

От Mitch Pirtle
Тема Re: [OT] Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 5/4/05, Russell Smith <mr-russ@pws.com.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2005 04:40 am, Tom Copeland wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 14:26 -0400, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> >
> > Of course, Mitch is running the second largest GForge site on the planet
> > (as far as I know).... second only to https://helixcommunity.org/.
> > Here's a list of them:
> >
> > http://gforge.org/docman/view.php/1/52/gforge-sites.html
> >
> Where does all the CPU/disk time go?   Do we have any idea what are the strained parts of the system?
>
> Is it the database?

It is an even mix of apache/mod_php and postgresql. After looking
around, I'm not that impressed with the state of the PHP code, and
suspect that the data model may also be in great need of some TLC.

Thinking about getting more involved in Gforge, to see if some of the
glaring issues can be taken care of.

-- Mitch