Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database

От Mitch Pirtle
Тема Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:55:50 -0500, Jeff Flowers <duckfoo@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> So my question is: how much data needs to be stored before PostgreSQL is
> worth the effort? Also, do people even use PostgreSQL at home for
> personal, non-weblog stuff?

I use it for the wine cellar, recipes, bookmarks, cigars, funny quotes
from my two year old...

Depending on your platform, it is trivial to install (could be an apt-get away).

If I do get around to web-enabling the stuff it won't be a duplicate
effort, as everything is already in the database.  And if you are a
CLI junkie like myself, then using psql will not be an issue.

-- Mitch

Сообщение: Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database
Сообщение: Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database