Re: CASE control block broken by a single line comment

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: CASE control block broken by a single line comment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-04-09 00:54 +0200, Tom Lane wrote:
> I poked at this and found that the failures occur when the patched
> code decides to trim an expression like "_r.v" to just "_r", naturally
> breaking the semantics completely.  That happens because when
> plpgsql_yylex recognizes a compound token, it doesn't bother to
> adjust the token length to include the additional word(s).

Thanks Tom!  I haven't had the time to look at your patch.

I'm surprised that the lexer handles compound tokens.  I'd expect to
find that in the parser, especially because of using the context-aware
plpgsql_ns_lookup to determine if we have a T_DATUM or T_{WORD,CWORD}.

Is this done by the lexer to allow push-back of those compound tokens
and maybe even to also simplify some parser rules?

--
Erik