Re: pgsql vs mysql

От Guido Neitzer
Тема Re: pgsql vs mysql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11.07.2006, at 21:11 Uhr, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>> I had the problem a few months ago, where my app server plugin and
>> the jdbc driver used prepared statements for selecting stuff from the
>> database. Most of the time, indexes weren't used at all, so
>> PostgreSQL performance was the worst I've ever seen in this
>> environment.
>
> I'm pretty excited about this idea of yours on how to fix this
> problem.
> Does it involve the histogram at all?

There is no idea. It's only not using prepared statements right now.
You can force this in the jdbc driver (using protocolVersion=2 in the
connection url) or you can send different stuff from the application.
There is nothing where the DB itself does anything.

Nothing special.

cug

Сообщение: Re: doesn't recognize "!=-" (not equal to a negative value)
Сообщение: Re: doesn't recognize "!=-" (not equal to a negative