Re: Pre-allocation of shared memory ...

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Pre-allocation of shared memory ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
A couple of points:

. It is probably a good idea to put do this via /etc/sysctl.conf, which will
be called earlyish by init scripts (on RH9 it is in the network startup
file, for some reason).

. The setting is not available on all kernel versions AFAIK. The admin needs
to check the docs. I have no idea when this went into the kernel, and no
time to spend finding out. Even if we knew, it might have gone into vendor
kernels at other odd times  - there are often times when the vendors are in
advance of the officially released kernels.

Andrew