Re: [HACKERS] Re: ERROR: out of free buffers: time to abort !

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: ERROR: out of free buffers: time to abort !
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ed Loehr <eloehr@austin.rr.com> writes:
>> In the meantime, upping the number of buffers will at least postpone the
>> problem.  But I'm worried that it may not solve it completely --- you
>> may still find that the error occurs after you've been running long
>> enough.

> Can I postpone/workaround the problem by periodic server restarts to reset
> the counts?  Or is this a persistent thing across server restarts?

Yes, a postmaster restart would clean up the buffer reference counts.
I think there were also some less drastic code paths that would clean
them up --- you might try something as simple as deliberately inducing
an SQL error now and then, so that error cleanup runs.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Another index "buglet"?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Another index "buglet"?