connecting pgadmin3 to the postgres

От Kevin B.
Тема connecting pgadmin3 to the postgres
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Date:       Fri, November 12, 2004 10:33 am
To:       pgadmin-support@postgresql.orgc

Hi,

I'm trying connect pgadmin3 to the postgres 7.4.2 server running on the
same computer but I am unable to do it. I am using the default fc2 install
of postgresql.  The postgres service is running and from the terminal I am
able to connect via psql.
------------------------------------
[root@localhost root]# su - postgres
-bash-2.05b$ psql test

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help on internal slash commands
    \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

test=# exit
test-# \q
-bash-2.05b$ exit
logout
------------------------------------

I started pgadmin3 from a root terminal and into the "Connected to a
server"  dailog I entered:
Server: localhost
Port: 5432
Inital database: test
Username:postgres
Trusted: UNchecked
Password: (left it blank)

Upon clicking the OK button I got:
An error has occured:
Error connecting to the server: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host
"127.0.0.1", user "postgres", database "test", SSL off

But in the pg_hba.conf file there is this line:
local  all    all             ident   sameuser
which I thought would allow any type of connection to the postgres server
from the local machine.

Thanks for any help.
-Kevin