Re: Cygwin - make check broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cygwin - make check broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Looking at that code, I wonder why we don't make the loop stop at
>> max_files_per_process opened files --- the useful result will be
>> bounded by that anyhow.  Actively running the system out of FDs,
>> even momentarily, doesn't seem like a friendly thing to do.

> Turns out that works as is on Cygwin - no adjustment necessary, at least
> for me. 250 was just a number I plucked out of the air to get me around
> the crashing problem. I just ran successfully with the attached patch.
> Given the problems the Cygwin people are having with the stable branch
> from just this piece of code, I think this or something similar should
> be applied to the 8.0 branch as well as HEAD.

I back-patched 7.4 as well, which is the oldest branch that has this
code.  The Cygwin people still need to fix their bug, since it's
entirely possible to run the system out of FDs after we're up and
running ... but it's surely a waste of cycles to do it deliberately
during postmaster startup.

Сообщение: Re: Cygwin - make check broken
Сообщение: Re: Cygwin - make check broken