Re: jsonpath

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: jsonpath
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> Just to clarify things.  Do you propose to get rid of RETURN_ERROR()
> macro by expanding it at every occurrence?  Or do you have other ideas
> in the mind?

I wasn't really complaining about RETURN_ERROR() --- it was the
macros rather than literal strings for the errmsg() texts that
was bothering me.

Mind you, I'm not really sure about RETURN_ERROR --- it looks
a little weird to have something that appears to be doing something
with the value of ereport(), which hasn't got a value.  But I don't
have a better idea at the moment.  I doubt that writing out the
underlying ereport-or-return business at each spot would be any
more readable.

(Maybe spelling it RETURN_OR_ERROR, or vice versa, would help?
Not sure.)