Re: Failing assertions in indxpath.c, placeholder.c and brin_minmax.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Failing assertions in indxpath.c, placeholder.c and brin_minmax.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bottom line is that somebody failed to consider the possibility of a
>> null comparison value reaching the BRIN index lookup machinery.
>> The code stanza that's failing supposes that only IS NULL or IS NOT NULL
>> tests could have SK_ISNULL set, but that's just wrong.

> I think the easiest way to solve this is to consider that all indexable
> operators are strict, and have the function return false in that case.
> The attached patch implements that.

This looks fine to me as a localized fix.  I was wondering whether we
could short-circuit the index lookup further upstream, but I take it from
your comment about _bt_preprocess_keys that BRIN has no convenient place
for that today.  (Even if it did, I'd still vote for making this change,
for safety's sake.)