Re: Debugging leaking memory in Postgresql 13.2/Postgis 3.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Debugging leaking memory in Postgresql 13.2/Postgis 3.1
Дата
Re: Debugging leaking memory in Postgresql 13.2/Postgis 3.1
Список pgsql-general
Stephan Knauss <pgsql@stephans-server.de> writes:
> Hello Tom, the output below looks similar to the OOM output you
> expected. Can you give a hint how to interpret the results?

Looks like the answer is that wherever the leak is, it's not accounted
for by this info; none of those contexts are particularly large.

Based on nearby threads, it occurs to me to ask whether you have JIT
enabled, and if so whether turning it off helps.  There seems to be
a known leak of the code fragments generated by that in some cases.

If that's not it, then the leak must be accumulating through plain
old malloc calls.  There's not much of that in the core backend
(although if you use ispell text search dictionaries, maybe [1] is
relevant), so my suspicions would next fall on any extensions you
might be using.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=eba939551