Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Shay Rojansky <roji@roji.org> writes:
> After setting up 9.5beta2 on the Npgsql build server and running the Npgsql
> test suite against I've noticed some weird behavior.

> The tests run for a couple minutes, open and close some connection. With my
> pre-9.5 backends, the moment the test runner exits I can see that all
> backend processes exit immediately, and pg_activity_stat has no rows
> (except the querying one). With 9.5beta2, however, some backend processes
> continue to stay alive beyond the test runner, and pg_activity_stat
> contains extra rows (state idle, waiting false). This situation persists
> until I restart PostgreSQL.

No idea what's happening, but a couple of questions:

* Are you using SSL connections?

* Can you get stack traces from the seemingly-stuck backends?

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Windows