Re: parallel mode and parallel contexts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: parallel mode and parallel contexts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 7:31 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> * I wonder if parallel contexts shouldn't be tracked via resowners

> That is a good question.  I confess that I'm somewhat fuzzy about
> which things should be tracked via the resowner mechanism vs. which
> things should have their own bespoke bookkeeping.  However, the
> AtEOXact_Parallel() stuff happens well before ResourceOwnerRelease(),
> which makes merging them seem not particularly clean.

FWIW, the resowner mechanism was never meant as a substitute for bespoke
bookkeeping.  What it is is a helper mechanism to reduce the need for
PG_TRY blocks that guarantee that a resource-releasing function will be
called even in error paths.  I'm not sure whether that analogy applies
well in parallel-execution cases.