Re: PQgetssl() and alternative SSL implementations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PQgetssl() and alternative SSL implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What bothers me about this is that it punts SSL work to the application
> and requires that they be coded to work with both OpenSSL and whatever
> else we implement (eg: GnuTLS) to do anything but the most simple
> checks.  That's a problem because people are *not* going to want to
> #include both OpenSSL and GnuTLS headers into their applications because
> they don't know which PG will be compiled with..  Not to mention that
> it'd be darn awkward to do so.

The point of this is to provide an escape hatch for people who really
want to do XYZ even though we provide no API for XYZ in libpq.  Hopefully,
those people will be few and far between, because anything that's a really
common requirement should be catered for by libpq.