Re: Vacuum analyze vs just Vacuum

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Vacuum analyze vs just Vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Bryan White" <bryan@arcamax.com> writes:
> I would just like to check an assumption.  I "vacuum analyze" regularly.  I
> have always assumed that this did a plain vacuum in addition to gathering
> statistics.  Is this true?

Yes.  There are some poorly-worded places in the docs that make it sound
like they might be completely separate operations, but they're not.

I would like to split out ANALYZE as a separately-callable command at
some point, but we'll no doubt continue to offer the combined "vacuum
analyze" command, if only for backward-compatibility reasons...