Re: Occasional lengthy locking causing stalling on commit

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Occasional lengthy locking causing stalling on commit
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ben Hoskings <ben@hoskings.net> writes:
> I wonder if there are any likely candidates that we could look into -
> for example, is it possible it could be due a batched index update
> that we could alleviate with "fastupdate=off"?

No.  This is late enough in the commit code path that we really
don't want to be running anything that would take a long time or
have a significant probability of failure.  So I'm a bit mystified
as to what it could be.  Ockham's razor suggests that it's the
notify processing itself, as you seem to be an outlier in how
heavily you're using that; but that's no sure thing.

One thing that just occurred to me is that you might find it
interesting to keep tabs on what's in the $PGDATA/pg_notify
directory.  Do the performance burps correspond to transitory
peaks in the amount of data there?  Or (grasping at straws here...)
wraparound of the file names back to 0000?

Сообщение: Re: Occasional lengthy locking causing stalling on commit
Сообщение: Re: Occasional lengthy locking causing stalling on commit