Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 7 Apr 2023, at 23:01, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> Staring at this I've been unable to figure out if there an underlying problem
> here or a flaky testrun, since I can't reproduce it.  Maybe the animal owner
> (on cc) have any insights?

> The test has passed on several different platforms in the buildfarm, including
> Linux, Solaris, macOS, NetBSD, FreeBSD and other OpenBSD animals.  It also
> passed in an OpenBSD VM running with our Cirrus framework.

prion and mantid have now failed with the same symptom.  I don't
see a pattern, but it's not OpenBSD-only.  It will be interesting
to see if the failure is intermittent or not on those animals.

> Unless there are objections raised I propose leaving it in for now, and I will
> return to it tomorrow after some sleep, and install OpenBSD 6.9 to see if it's
> reproducible.

Agreed, we don't need a hasty revert here.  Better to gather data.