Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tables are not supported

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tables are not supported
Дата
Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-Jun-04, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... why doesn't the same problem apply to AFTER triggers that are attached
>> to the inheritance parent?

> With a BEFORE trigger, running the trigger might change the target
> partition, which has the potential for all kinds of trouble.

Got it.  That seems like not just an implementation restriction, but
a pretty fundamental issue.

Could we solve it by saying that triggers on partitioned tables aren't
allowed to change the partitioning values?  (Or at least, not allowed
to change them in a way that changes the target partition.)