Re: Numeric is not leakproof

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Numeric is not leakproof
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> Numeric functions are not marked as leakproof in pg_proc.dat

Indeed.  Nobody has done the analysis needed to decide that it'd be safe
to do so.  For comparison, see the rather considerable discussion that
occurred before marking the text comparison functions leakproof.

> But it seems to me that it may be reasonable to mark ALL builtin
> functions (described in pg_proc.dat) as leekprof by default.

This proposal is risible.  But if you actually need a counterexample,
here's one:

regression=# select 'abc' ~ '(foo';
ERROR:  invalid regular expression: parentheses () not balanced