Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It turns out that updating the in-tree typedefs.list would be very noisy. On
> my local linux system I get
>  1 file changed, 422 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
> On a mac mini I get
>  1 file changed, 351 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

That seems like it needs a considerably closer look.  What exactly
is getting added/deleted?

> We could possibly address that by updating the in-tree typedefs.list a bit
> more aggressively. Sure looks like the source systems are on the older side.

Really?  Per [1] we've currently got contributions from calliphoridae
which is Debian sid, crake which is Fedora 38, indri/sifaka which are
macOS Sonoma.  Were you really expecting something newer, and if so what?

> But in the attached patch I've implemented this slightly differently. If the
> tooling to do so is available, the indent-* targets explained above,
> use/depend on src/tools/pgindent/typedefs.list.merged (in the build dir),
> which is the combination of a src/tools/pgindent/typedefs.list.local generated
> for the local binaries/libraries and the source tree
> src/tools/pgindent/typedefs.list.

Hmm ... that allows indenting your C files, but how do you get from that
to a non-noisy patch to commit to typedefs.list?

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/typedefs.pl?show_list