Re: pltcl regress test?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pltcl regress test?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck) writes:
> [ pltcl's regress test is failing ]
>     Seems  to suffer due to some bug. The functions use a feature
>     of the Tcl interpreter, who treates a backslash followed by a
>     newline  as  a  whitespace  that  doesn't start a new command
>     (previous command is continued).

>     I did some other tests and ISTM that it is totally impossible
>     by  now to insert data where backslash is followed by newline
>     at all. At least I wasn't able to quote  it  properly.  Maybe
>     these are filtered already by psql?

Yes, it seems that psql's handling of backslashes has changed for the
worse.

In current sources, I type:

regression=# select 'abc  \\
regression'# def';?column?
-----------abc
def
(1 row)

Running with -d2, the postmaster log shows:

DEBUG:  StartTransactionCommand
DEBUG:  query: select 'abc
def';
DEBUG:  ProcessQuery
DEBUG:  CommitTransactionCommand

psql has eaten the backslashes, even though they are within quotes.
This is not cool.  6.5.* psql did not do that, and current sources
don't either *unless* the backslashes are at the very end of a line.

Сообщение: Re: Should PG backend know how to represent metadata?
Сообщение: Re: Should PG backend know how to represent metadata?