Re: small hstore bugfixes for 9.0 (w/patch)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: small hstore bugfixes for 9.0 (w/patch)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> writes:
>> The hstore_compat one is arguable as to what is the best approach; the
>> assert that was there was just wrong, but I have been unable after
>> considerable searching to find any architectures that would fail the
>> check.

> [ scratches head... ]  It looks like that ought to be an immediate
> core-dump for old data, given an assert-enabled build.  Are you
> saying it isn't?  How?

I tried this, and indeed an assert-enabled hstore dumps core instantly
on a pg_upgraded table.  So that upgrade path obviously hasn't been
tested very well.  But I don't see why we don't just fix the Assert.

Сообщение: Re: small hstore bugfixes for 9.0 (w/patch)
Сообщение: Re: small hstore bugfixes for 9.0 (w/patch)