Re: [GENERAL] startup process stuck in recovery

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] startup process stuck in recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> writes:
> We're dealing with a 9.5.5 database with the symptom that, after a certain amount of time after restart, the startup
processreaches a certain WAL segment, and stops.  The startup process runs at 100% CPU, with no output from strace.
Thereare no queries running on the secondary, so it's not a delay for queries.  The WAL receiver continues to operate
normally,and we can see sent_location / write_location / flush_location continue to move ahead in parallel, with
replay_locationstuck in that WAL segment.

> Suggestions on further diagnosis?

Attach to startup process with gdb, and get a stack trace?