Re: CPU-intensive autovacuuming

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: CPU-intensive autovacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Phil,

If you complete this patch, I'm very interested to see it.

I think I'm the person Matthew is talking about who inserted a sleep
value. Because of the sheer number of tables involved, even small
values of sleep caused pg_autovacuum to iterate too slowly over its
table lists to be of use in a production environment (where I still
find its behavior to be preferable to a complicated list of manual
vacuums performed in cron).

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect