Re: Low CPU Usage

От brauagustin-susc@yahoo.com.ar
Тема Re: Low CPU Usage
Дата
Re: Low CPU Usage
Список pgsql-performance

> > >Run the tests from psql on the same server.  As Kevin pointed out, the _server_ is faster, but it appears as if the connection between PGadmin and this new server is slower somehow.
> >
> > It runs quickly!!! But I don't know how to compare because looks like it retrieve fields by demand, when I put ctrl+end (go to the last record) it use a lot of CPU and disk, run quickly anyway.

> That's pretty odd.  If you use \timing in psql, you can get execution
> time for each query, if it helps you track things down.

Yes, in the new server running with \timing it consumes 5.6 seconds and in the old server it consumes 25 seconds.

> > Correct me if am I wrong but, executing PgAdmin in the same server there aren't networks delays!

> Not network, no.  But the results of your explains seem to show that the
> query is executing much faster on the new system than the old, so the
> problem still becomes, "what is happening after the query completes that
> is so slow?"  It's just that networking is ruled out.

Is connected to full 100Mb, it transfers many things quick to clients. Is running Apache adn JBoss, transfer rate is good, I did scp to copy many archives and is as quick as the old server.

I have no idea how to continue researching this problem. Now I'm going to do some networks tests.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

Seguí de cerca a la Selección Argentina de Rugby
en el Mundial de Francia 2007.
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/mundialderugby

Сообщение: Re: Query planner unaware of possibly best plan
Сообщение: Re: Query planner unaware of possibly best plan