Re: "repliation" as database name

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "repliation" as database name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> I found that in the documentation thanks to a notification
> off-list. And after some reconfirmation, what I want to fix is
> only a few lines of comment in pg_hba.conf.sample.

> -# database name, or a comma-separated list thereof. The "all"
> -# keyword does not match "replication". Access to replication
> -# must be enabled in a separate record (see example below).
> +# database name, or a comma-separated list thereof. The "all" keyword
> +# matches all databases. The "replication" keyword matches a physical
> +# replication connection request and it must be enabled in a separate
> +# record (see example below)

Hm, I agree that the para doesn't read very well now, but I think this
could be improved further.  How about something like

# DATABASE can be "all", "sameuser", "samerole", "replication", a
# database name, or a comma-separated list thereof.  The "replication"
# keyword matches replication connection requests (see example below).
# The "all" keyword matches all database names, but not replication
# connections.