Re: Date & Time with time zone

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Date & Time with time zone
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Wei Wei" <wei725@lycos.com> writes:
> In the application, the data is reported as
>
> Sun Apr 09 12:40:52 PDT 2006 - Pacific Standard Time
>
> But, in the DB, it is stated as
>
> 2006-04-09 14:40:53.093-07
>
> It doesn't seen right to me. Both are on the same box and the
> date column is with time zone.

It looked odd to me too, but you haven't told us anything useful.
What's the platform, what's the PG version, how exactly did you get the
value from PG (is it "select now()", or what?), what exactly do you have
PG's TIMEZONE variable set to?  And what application are you comparing
the results to?  Calling "PDT" "Pacific Standard Time" doesn't exactly
leave me with warm fuzzies about that application's level of timezone-fu,
whatever it is.