Re: The real reason why TAP testing isn't ready for prime time

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The real reason why TAP testing isn't ready for prime time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> hamster has not complained for a couple of weeks now, and the issue
> was reproducible every 4~6 days:
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=hamster&br=HEAD
> Hence let's consider the issue as resolved.

Nah, I'm afraid not.  We are definitely still seeing a lot of unexplained
pg_ctl failures; as a recent example,

http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=axolotl&dt=2015-07-29%2018%3A00%3A19

Now maybe that's not the same thing as hamster's issue, but there's still
something funny going on.  That's why I've been bitching about the lack of
debug information.  I hope that we can make progress on understanding this
once Andrew pushes out the new buildfarm release (especially since some of
his machines are particularly prone to this type of failure, so I trust
he'll update those critters promptly).