Re: Official Windows Installer and Documentation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Official Windows Installer and Documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 6:42 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Note that there's no "official" Windows installer,

Yeah, that.

> Our technical definition aside, the fact is our users consider the sole EDB
> installer to be official.
> If the ultimate solution is to update:
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
> to have its own installation and upgrade supplement to the official
> documentation then I'd be fine with that.

That's what needs to happen.  On the Linux side for example, we do
not address packaging-specific behaviors of Devrim's builds, or Debian's
builds, or Red Hat's builds --- all of which act differently, in ways
that are sadly a lot more critical to novices than seasoned users.
If EDB isn't adequately filling in the documentation for the behavior
of their packaging, that's on them.