Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xab

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xab
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Grand, Mark D." <mgrand@emory.edu> writes:
> ... I get this message:
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xab
> HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is
controlledby "client_encoding".

> It is complaining about the '<' character.  I do not understand why.

The ASCII code for '<' is 0x3c, not 0xab.  I am not sure what you are
actually typing; although it's suggestive that the LATIN1 code 0xab
corresponds to a symbol that looks approximately like '<<'.  The most
likely bet is that you are typing the wrong thing and using a terminal
emulator that is not set to generate UTF8-encoded characters.  You
should try to make sure that client_encoding is set to match what your
keyboard actually generates.