Re: [BUGS] BUG #14478: Right Trim trims too much?

От Nathanael Terrien
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14478: Right Trim trims too much?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
The new wording is clearer. Thanks.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Envoyé : lundi 26 décembre 2016 17:36
À : Nathanael Terrien <nte@mustinformatique.fr>
Cc : 'Terje Elde' <terje@elde.net>; pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Objet : Re: [BUGS] BUG #14478: Right Trim trims too much?

Nathanael Terrien <nte@mustinformatique.fr> writes:
> Ok, I misunderstood the documentation. The way it works is logical.

Actually, we changed the docs about the *trim functions recently because somebody else made the same mistake.  The
examples,in particular, weren't chosen in a way that would make it clear that the characters- to-trim are sets not
strings. You can see the new wording at

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/functions-string.html

That will propagate into the released-version pages at the next minor updates (scheduled for early Feb).