Re: EXPLAIN(VERBOSE) to CTE with SEARCH BREADTH FIRST fails

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: EXPLAIN(VERBOSE) to CTE with SEARCH BREADTH FIRST fails
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> writes:
> While working on [1], we found that EXPLAIN(VERBOSE) to CTE with SEARCH
> BREADTH FIRST ends up ERROR.

Yeah.  It's failing here:

                     * We're deparsing a Plan tree so we don't have a CTE
                     * list.  But the only place we'd see a Var directly
                     * referencing a CTE RTE is in a CteScan plan node, and we
                     * can look into the subplan's tlist instead.

                    if (!dpns->inner_plan)
                        elog(ERROR, "failed to find plan for CTE %s",
                             rte->eref->aliasname);

The problematic Var is *not* in a CteScan plan node; it's in a
WorkTableScan node.  It's not clear to me whether this is a bug
in the planner's handling of SEARCH BREADTH FIRST, or if the plan
is as-intended and ruleutils.c is failing to cope.

Either way, this deserves an open item...

Сообщение: Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful
Сообщение: Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful