Re: Segmentation Fault

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Segmentation Fault
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Robert Sanford <wobbet@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to get a core dump but I can't seem to actually generate one.
> I then restarted the postgres server. When I look at the limits in the pid
> folder I see...
> Limit                     Soft Limit           Hard Limit           Units
> Max cpu time              unlimited            unlimited            seconds
> Max file size             unlimited            unlimited            bytes
> Max data size             unlimited            unlimited            bytes
> Max stack size            8388608              unlimited            bytes
> Max core file size        0                    unlimited            bytes

This shows that you are now allowed to set "ulimit -c unlimited",
but you have not actually done so, at least not in the session that
you're using to inspect these settings.

If you are starting the server "by hand" (from a manual shell
command), it should work to do "ulimit -c unlimited" before issuing
the command to start the server.  If you are using infrastructure such
as systemd or initscripts, then you'll need to figure out how to get
it to set the ulimit in the environment of the server process.

BTW, have you tried disabling JIT to see if that stops the crashes?